Home again....waiting

Well, DTS came home from hospital yesterday evening. We are none the wiser as to whats wrong, and guess what? NO SCAN. Why am I not surprised?

I tried to argue the point that this is precisely what happened last time, but to no avail. She'll be treated as an out-patient; she'll get two appointments in the post - one for an ultra-sound scan, the other to see the doctor for the results. Hilariously, if the appointment for the doctor pre-dates the scan, then she'll have to phone to re-arrange for one week after the date of the scan.

Give me strength. Clearly it is beyond their abilities to synchronise the two. Meanwhile she takes the painkillers, lies in discomfort and pain, and waits. I wish I could afford to go private! I know they have a mobile ultra-sound scan as they used it on a woman nearby to check her bladder. It wasn't urgent, it wasn't an emergency; they were fitting a catheter anyway. How do I know? All the conversations were conducted at full volume - and she wasn't hard of hearing as I spoke to her several times. She was, however, clearly embarrassed.

What has happened to all the really professional nurses? The ones who may not have been all pally and friendly, but worked effectively and efficiently, and made you feel like you were in trustworthy hands?

*sigh*

Randomly picked up Tom Holt's novel, Valhalla. Had me smiling. Will let you know what I think when I finish.

Am off to watch a film or two - or catch up on Trueblood. Depends on my mood when I finally settle down on the sofa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment