Heights and Lows

Almost panicked as I somehow failed to set record on the second part of Wuthering Heights. Thank God for online replays! I enjoyed the drama, as much for Andrew Lincoln and Tom Hardy, as well as Sarah Lancaster a much under-used actress, but I wasn't convinced, and generally felt disappointed. Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights is about one of the greatest, all consuming, destructive, passionate loves in literature, filled with the full A to Z of emotions, good and bad. What we get with this production, is a somewhat restrained, almost Jane Austen-like tale of bad manners, but set in glorious Yorkshire countryside. The actors were good, but altogether it was a handful of sparklers rather than a full-blown fireworks display.

I am also disappointed on the book front. After years of not getting round to it, I finally read Tithe by Holly Black. Again, I enjoyed it, much more so than TV's Wuthering Heights, but I was left wanting at the end. What worked for me was the human girl with ability and a faery knight, it still worked for me after the revelation that she had Faery blood, I partly switched off with the green pixie deal. That just didn't work for me with, but I'm reading Ironside, so it wasn't all bad - I just hate it when books disappoint me though.

Exhaustion seems to have become a permaent fixture in my daily routine - regardless of how much or how little sleep I get. The knock-on effect is that I'm reading fewer books. This is very frustrating, so should the Grime Reaper come calling, I shall have to tell him to push off, and point to my currently ever-growing, not-diminishing reading pile. I don'y want to think about how little I've written - which is NONE! Now I need to sleep, so .....another day.......

0 comments:

Post a Comment